Summary: This article will focus on getting your heating system ready for winter; for example, making sure area around furnace is clear of objects and debris, wiping down and vacuuming registers, and getting heating maintenance from an HVAC pro.
Is Your Heating System Ready for Cooler Weather?
Now that autumn has arrived, most of our thoughts have turned from cooling our homes to heating them. Having a reliable heating system in your home is necessary, as the temperatures in Ohio can dip down quickly this time of year. That’s why it’s so important to make sure each fall that your heating system is ready for the cooler weather ahead.
There are many things that you as a homeowner can do to help prepare your heating system for the cooler weather to come. In this article, we’ll talk about ways you can help get your system ready, and why getting annual maintenance from a professional heating contractor is also important. Keep reading to learn more!
Here are some steps you can take to get your heating system ready this fall.
- Make sure the area around your heating equipment is clear. You’ll want to sweep or vacuum any dirt or debris that may have settled on the floor around your heating system. And, you’ll want to be sure there are no objects on your equipment, as well as move any items that may be stacked around your system. This allows for better air flow.
- Wipe down and vacuum registers. Your registers can easily accumulate dust, dirt, and other particles that can enter the air and your heating system when it operates. Cleaning your registers regularly allows for better air flow and can help keep the air inside your home cleaner, too.
- Call Ables, Inc. and schedule your fall maintenance. Now is a great time to get in touch with us to schedule your annual heating maintenance appointment. It’s important to have your system checked out by a heating professional each year for a number of reasons, which we’ll discuss in more detail below.
Heating maintenance from a professional helps your system operate better, too.
There are many benefits to having a professional HVAC company like Ables, Inc. maintain your furnace on a yearly basis, including:
- Better Energy Efficiency: When you get annual maintenance for your heating equipment, it helps improve its performance and operate more smoothly. This allows your system to use less energy to operate, which can help you save on utility bills.
- Improved Home Comfort: A clean and tuned-up heating system provides your home with more consistent heating. You’ll enjoy better comfort because your system will be able to deliver heated air throughout your home more effectively.
- Cleaner Indoor Air: Because your technician will make sure your system is clean and free of dirt, and your system’s filter is clean, there will be fewer dust and dirt particles circulating through the air in your home – and that’s a real plus for anyone who suffers from allergies or asthma.
- Longer System Life: A well-maintained heating system is much like a well-maintained vehicle – not only does it perform better and more efficiently, but it also lasts longer. Your technician will be able to spot any potential issues with your system during maintenance, too, allowing for small repairs before they become larger, more expensive ones.
- Warranty Maintenance: Most manufacturers require regular maintenance in order to keep the system’s warranty in place. Failure to get maintenance for your heating equipment could result in the warranty becoming void, which means you may have to pay out-of-pocket for expenses that the warranty would have covered.