How Do I Know if I Should Repair or Replace My Furnace?
The fall season is well underway and winter will be here before you know it. This is the time of year when we rely on our furnace to keep our home warm and comfortable. When the furnace in our home isn’t working as well as it should be, it can be worrisome – especially when the outside temperatures start to dip down below freezing.
It can be hard to know if your furnace just needs a repair, or if it needs to be replaced. If your furnace isn’t too old and needs a small repair to work properly, that’s an obvious choice. But if you have an older furnace and the repairs are getting 33333more complicated and costlier, it may be time to consider a repair.
5 Signs it May Be Time to Replace Your FurnaceNobody wants to think about the expense of replacing their home’s furnace, but a failing heating system may be costing you more to operate than installing a new furnace would. Here are five signs that it may be time to talk to Ables, Inc. about a heating replacement:
- You have to call for repairs frequently. Most furnaces need a repair from time to time, especially when you live in a climate where they have to run often for a good part of the year. However, if your furnace is older and you’re finding that you need to call for repairs more often, it may be time to look into a replacement.
- Your energy bills keep rising for no good reason. When furnaces reach a point where they don’t work as well as they used to, they have to work harder to keep your home warm. This can result in a steady increase in your energy bills.
- Your furnace is 10 or more years old. Like any type of equipment that operates frequently, furnaces are less effective and efficient once they reach a certain age. If your furnace is getting on in years and you’ve noticed that you’re not as comfortable as you’d like or you’ve had to make expensive repairs, it might be time to start budgeting for a replacement.
- You’ve added footage to your home. No matter how old your furnace is, when it was installed originally it was likely sized to meet the needs of your home. If you’ve added on to your home, the furnace may not be adequately able to heat your entire home. The good news is, you may not need to replace your entire system. Adding a ductless unit to the addition can help balance out the heat and help your current system operate better.
- The cost of the needed repair is more than half the cost of a new system. Once repair costs start reaching a point where they are more than half the cost of a replacement, it’s likely that your best bet will be replacing the system. Chances are, your current system will continue to need repairs, and will not be nearly as efficient as a new system would be.
When it comes time to replace your furnace, Ables, Inc. can help.At Ables, Inc., we understand that replacing a furnace is an expensive decision for most homeowners. That’s why before we talk to you about a replacement, we’ll evaluate your current system to see what the best course of action would be. If your system needs some simple repairs, we will never try to sell you a new system. However, if the repair costs are very high, and your furnace is showing obvious signs of failure, we will explain your options to you and help you get a furnace that can keep your home more comfortable, provide better efficiency, and fits your budget and lifestyle needs.
At Ables, Inc., we’re pleased to provide our customers with complete heating services, including new system installation. If your heating system needs replacing, Zanesville residents give us a call at (740) 453-6015 and Cambridge please contact us at (740) 439-2186, and we will be more than happy to help you.